HACCP ISO 22000 Certification in UAE
ISO 22000: 2005 / HACCP Food Safety Management System Certificate in Dubai
ISO 22000: 2005 is the international standard on Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in September 2005.
The ISO 22000:2005 FSMS is designed to enable organizations to control food safety hazards along the food chain. It ensures that the food is safe at the time of consumption. The ISO 22000:2005 Standard provides international uniformity in the field of food safety standards, offering a tool to implement HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) throughout the food supply chain.
The goal of ISO 22000 Standard is to control and reduce any safety hazards identified to an acceptable level in the end products before delivering it to the customers.
This standard is applicable to all organizations, regardless of size, involved in any aspect of the food chain. This includes organizations directly or indirectly involved in one or more steps of the food chain, such as:
• Primary Producers
• Food Processors and Manufactures
• Storage Facilities and Transporters
• Hospitality Sector
• Service Providers to food establishments
ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management Standard Certification in Dubai
ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Standard Certificate in UAE
The ISO 22000 Standard Food Safety Standard is a globally recognized and suitable for any business in the whole food chain. It includes even allied organizations such as equipment producers, packaging companies, cleaning agents, additives and ingredients, etc.
The ISO 22000:2018 Standard is also the best fit for companies looking for integrating their quality management system (ISO 9001:2015) with the Food Safety Management System.
The ISO 22000 Standard requires the implementation of a Food Safety Management System (FSMS). The Standard is broadly made up of the following themes:
• System Management
• Interactive communication
• Food Safety hazard control through indicated programs and HACCP plans
• Continuous Improvement of Food Safety systems
What does the revised ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management Standard consists?
The revised ISO 22000:2018 Standard consists of the latest trends in the food industry and food safety requirements. ISO 22000:2018 Standard is a timely response to the growing challenges faced by the food industry regarding food safety hazards.
The ISO 22000:2018 includes improvements to the definition, revised policies, risk analysis methodologies at operational and strategies levels. etc. The new food security system is sustainable and can be implemented hassle-free to ensure enhanced foods safety.
ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management Systems Standard Certificate – Key benefits
The ISO 22000:2018 Standards aims to lower the risk of food contamination, thereby also reducing the occurrence of any diseases through the food supply.
The new ISO 22000 Standards will deliver benefits to organizations of all sizes throughout the food chain:
• The ability to consistently provide food-related products and services that meet the regulatory requirements
• Improved risk management in the food safety process to avoid any food safety hazards
• Enhanced customer trust due to compliance with other global standards. ISO 22000:2018 has strong compliance with the United Nations’ Codex Alimentarius, which develops Food Safety guidelines for Nations.
The Food Safety Management System is implemented to follow the below ISO Compliance requirements:
• Aim at providing food products that are safe for consumption
• To fulfil the regulatory food safety requirements
• Evaluate customer preference and conform to the ISO food safety standard to deliver the product. It enhances customer satisfaction
• To communicate the food safety hazards with suppliers, customers, and relevant parties to ensure there are no compliance regulations
• To ensure food safety policies are practiced continuously.
• To perform risk analysis on existing food safety policies and implement robust quality first systems
What is Codex Alimentarius?
Codex Alimentarius, (Food Code), is an internationally recognized guideline for food safety. It is developed by the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC), a joint venture between the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the World Health Organization(WHO).
The ISO 22000 is based on the Codex principles for food hygiene and is compliant with the criteria for food safety highlighted by Codex.
Having an ISO 22000 helps to raise customer, client and stakeholder confidence in the business. As the food industry deals with consumables at a mass-market level, health hazards will have an exponential impact on human life as well as the brand image.
Hence, it is highly advisable to follow industry best practices and getting certified for the Food Safety Management System Standards for business sustainability and reducing any risk related to food safety.
Our team of expert ISO Consultants are here to guide you throughout the ISO Certification and Implementation process. To know more on ISO 22000:2018 Standard, feel free to reach out to us!